Molecular formula: C5H10O2
CAS NO.: 97-99-4
Chemical name: Tetrahydro-2-furanmethanol,THFA
Properties：Colorless liquid with slight odor, moisture adsorption, flammability and low toxicity. It is miscible with water, alcohol, acetone, chloroform and benzene, and immiscible with paraffin hydrocarbon.
Refractive index (ηD20)
Tetrahydrofurfuryl alcohol is an important raw material of organic solvent and fine chemicals.
1. It’s a kind of good flux solvent in electronic chemicals and flux industry;
2. Its lipids are used as plasticizer, also solvent for resin, coating and grease;
3. It can be used for making dihydrofuran, tetrahydrofuran, lysine;
4. It’s raw material for long-effective Vitamin B1;
5. It can also be used for making polyamide plastic, antifreeze, herbicide, insecticide, etc;
6. Used as lubricant, and dispersing agent in dyeing and printing industry;
7. Used as decolorizer and deordorant in making fatty acid, tallol oil and medicines 【Packaging】 220kg/plastic drum or ISO Tank.
Storage：Stored in dark, dry and ventilated place. Keep away from sun exposure.